Insulating Your House
While previous generations may have been content to live in drafty houses, most people now want comfortable, warm houses. A healthy house today is well sealed, well insulated and properly ventilated.
- Increasing your home’s attic insulation can decrease the energy usage.
- Proper insulation and air sealing can effectively reduce a home’s greenhouse gas emissions and thereby reduce your family’s ecological footprint.
- If your home was built before 1985, upgrading your home’s insulation can reduce your energy usage by up to 35%.
- By choosing the right type of insulation, the use of gasses and VOCs that contribute to climate change or ozone depletion can be minimized.
Is it Cost Effective to Insulate?
The right insulation system can save you money, reduce the amount of energy you use and make your home more comfortable. Keep in mind that installation costs (including changes to the framing, cladding and finishes) are usually the most expensive part of an insulation project.
We use blown insulation, also called loose fill insulation. It is commonly used to insulate existing structures that previously had no insulation, or where additional insulation is needed. It is made up of loose particles which are blown into an attic or into wall cavities, which are the spaces between the interior and exterior walls of a building.
There are three basic types of blown insulation commonly available. Fiberglass insulation consists of small particles of spun glass fibers. Mineral wool is made from particles of rock or steel slag, which is a recycled manufacturing waste. Cellulose insulation comes from recycled newspapers or cardboard which has been treated with chemicals to make it resistant to flame and insects.
Advantages of Blown Attic Insulation
- It is fairly economical.
- It is easy to install in hard to reach areas.
- It is eco-friendly because it makes use of recycled materials.
- It can be used on its own or added to other types of insulation to help fill in the gaps and provide an additional heat barrier.
Our Area of Service for Insulation Services
Sameday Roofing Services Hamilton, Dundas, Ancaster, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Mount Hope, Grimsby, St. Catharines and surrounding areas of Southern Ontario.GET A FREE ESTIMATE